Hey folks! It has been a very busy week, but I do have a recipe for ya to catch the last little bits of summer before they float away. This is one of my new favorite dessert recipes because it’s gluten-free, vegan, and delicious. Aka I can bring it to work and everyone both can and will eat it. Check it out below:
- 4-5 cups sliced peaches (depending on the crumble-to-fruit ratio you want), best to use very firm peaches
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (can use almond flour, but it’s more expensive than crushing sliced almonds)
- small handful sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- about 1 tsp. cinnamon (a healthy dose)
- splash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375ºF, grease 8×8 glass baking dish or pie pan
- Combine filling ingredients in large bowl until well mixed, then empty into baking dish
- Combine crumble topping ingredients (I usually use the same bowl the filling was mixed in), then pour evenly over filling
- Bake for about 40 minutes
- Serve warm (ideally with ice cream) and enjoy!
Cost about $10* (the most expensive part was the almonds), makes 9 large or 12 small servings.
Pro tip: You can substitute berries or other fruit, just scale back on the cinnamon. Everything else stays the same! I actually started making this as a berry crisp. And if you buy too much fruit, just freeze some to make it again later!
What are your favorite summer recipes? Let me know in a comment below, on Twitter @ohgrowup, or Instagram @oh.grow.up! Thanks for reading, and happy adulting!
*Once again, cost was a rough estimate because most ingredients are regularly stocked in most homes. The peaches were on sale for like $1.50 total, and almonds were the only pricier bit.